Meetings, Negotiations, Training, Facility Tours-all part and parcel of business trips. If certain days allow you to sneak in a round of golf, why not avail yourself of the opportunity.to chase the little white ball? A welcome break from the grind makes the business run smoother, after all. In part two, we've listed six prime business destinations from the eastern half of the USA.
For each destination, our experts found the closest course to the concourse, to ensure that you hit the first tee as soon as your wheels touch down. They do a quick break-down of the course (the skinny), time from the tarmac (the distance), and the closest restaurant (the munch) for expediency's sake. And...Let's Go!Western USA
- The skinny: 2200 to 7000 yards long; additional short course; daily-fee course.
- The distance: 11 miles from Denver International.
- The munch: African Grill and Bar
- The skinny: 5500 to 7000 yards long; CC4ADay; Vegas, Baby!
- The distance: 5 miles from McCarran Internatioanl.
- The munch: Ri Ra Irish Pub
- The skinny: 4339 yards long; 9 3s, 8 4s & 1 5; lighted nighttime play.
- The distance: 4 miles from LAX
- The munch: The Ramen Jont
- The skinny: 5400 to 7300 yards long; best in city/state; municipal course.
- The distance: 5 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International.
- The munch: Gertrude's
- The skinny: 4200 to 6400 yards long; private; Alister MacKenzie design.
- The distance: 4 miles from San Francisco International.
- The munch: Leonardo's Deli Cafe
- The skinny: 4800 yards long; Duwamish River views; daily-fee course.
- The distance: 5 miles from SEATAC International Airport.
- The munch: Duke's Seafood and Chowder